Analecta is now accepting submissions! Our reading period extends from October 28, 2016, to February 1, 2017, for the 2017 issue of Analecta. Please do not send submissions outside of the reading period.
Submission deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
*Submissions that do not follow the manuscript preparation guidelines will be discarded.
1. Manuscript preparation:
A. Submissions in writing MUST be sent as a Word-processed manuscript in a single document, 12 point font, Times New Roman. Prose should be double-spaced, but poetry can be single-spaced.
B. The author’s name, student ID number and e-mail address MUST appear on the first page ONLY of each manuscript unless it is a jpeg, in which, the author’s name, student ID number and e-mail address should be in the body of the email.
C. Please use IUSB email address
D. Manuscripts MUST be submitted as an attachment and not within the body of the e-mail.
2. Students should retain original copies of their work. Manuscripts are not returned.
3. Send all submissions to Jon Adams at email@example.com
4. Please use Analecta Submission, as the e-mail subject/title header.
- Poetry: 1 to 3 poems, maximum of 6 pages
- Short Fiction: 1 story, or up to 3 flash stories; maximum of 3,000 words.*
- Drama: 1 one-act or excerpt of full-length play or screenplay (no musicals); maximum of 20 pages*
- Non-fiction Prose: 1 work of non-fiction, maximum of 3,000 words*
- Visual Art: 3-7 maximum.
- Comics: 3-7 standalone comics, or 1 complete strip*
- *Works accepted may be excerpted.
*Any manuscripts submitted are automatically considered by the staff of Analecta, IU South Bend’s student-edited and student-written inter-arts magazine, for publication in its annual spring issue as well as the English Department’s Student Writing Awards.